Fort Lauderdale 2007
1. Find replacement for Pete Lumio’s European Rules Committee position. Timo Pyoria from Eurocontrol Institute volunteered to finish the term. Completed.
2. Rules committee terms. When does the new member’s term actually take place? Clarified and added to rules: New member’s term and voting rights start at end of Saturday meeting; however, new member is encouraged to attend the Saturday meeting. Completed.
1. Define minimum age as 21? Or use current rule, age of majority – def: the age, generally either 18 or 21, at which somebody is legally responsible and can assume civil duties and rights such as serving on a jury or voting. Does this age matter for Tournament liability? Not adopted - left as is.
2. Add family exemption to grandfathered players? Adopted. Completed.
3. Added Ron Nauman and Pat Patterson to grandfather list via team rep request and data provided.
Registration Fees and Accounting:
1. Use tournament monies for future tourney promotions. Not adopted.
2. Better define/outline how excess monies leftover from tourney should be allocated. Agreed. All surplus monies to go to hockey fund. Mandatory use of financial worksheet. Adopted. Add to rules. Completed.
3. Build an excel spreadsheet for financial statement. Adopted – carry-over to 2008.
Bidding and Hosting Tournament:
1. Update on Vancouver, issues, website. Complete: No problems, on schedule.
1. Discuss ejection/permanent ban rules verbiage. Previously discussed in St. John’s but not totally resolved – intent to injure & fighting gone for the tourney. Any other conduct issues at the disciplinary committees discretion. Carry-over to rules update 2008.
2. Review game misconduct rule in general. What is a game misconduct? Is the focus intent to injure and fighting? Is this the word we want? Also, look at reduction of penalties, specifically lifetime ban. Change. Player penalty for infractions that aren’t intent-to-injure will be at Disciplinary Committee discretion instead of tourney suspension. Change rules to note such. Carry-over to rules update 2008.
3. Develop and add a conduct statement with reference to on ice and off ice, fighting penalties, disciplinary committee and whatever. Penalties to include no participation in current and/or next tournament. Adopted. Brief team reps today (2-6-07) on position of zero-tolerance. Rules statement change pending. Carry-over to rules update 2008.
1. Vancouver membership drive discussion. Host has taken initiatives for Vancouver 2008. Additional steps by Rules Committee not feasible at this time. Closed.
2. Discuss Pierre Marcoux trophy (this showed up last year – we’ll discuss) as well as update on all trophies/awards. Review all trophies, note winners, etc. Compile complete list of trophies with photos, list winners. Publish on website. Note winners at banquet – tracking system of where trophy is going. Should the rules committee take over the trophy system? Change to personal Individual Esprit-de-Corps trophy. Use Memorial Trophy started in Edmonton for Marcoux. Complete all actions noted above. Added to trophy project to-do list for completion.
3. Put tourney results on website ASAP. Build draft post-tournament page. Build electronic templates for game scores/points. Add to post-tourney page as well as number of players. Added to website to-do list for completion.
4. Volunteer for tournament Historian. Add history to website or duplicate the scrapbook on website? Added to trophy project to-do list for completion.
5. Build host “hosting” checklist. Not adopted.
6. Review and update rules committee tourney checklist. Completed.
7. Additions to website: Past tourneys/winners, award winners, etc. Link to each past tourney with pictures? Added to website to-do list for completion.
8. Formalize team gift exchange? Not adopted.
9. How to build email address data base. Add address link to front page of tourney website. Added to website to-do for completion. Heavily promote in Vancouver at registration/grab bags. Added to Host to-do for completion.
10. Verify this is 34th annual tourney…36 minus 2 years for strike equals 34 for 2007? Confirmed.
11. Deleted auto-date from documents. Completed.
1. Review ECC manual to see what might fit our tournament. ONGOING.
2. Review current documents for editorial issues, correctness, pertinence. ONGOING.
3. Charles Carpenter presentation of European company that conducts tournaments. Discussed. Charles will present more info in Vancouver.